Dear Parents and Guardians,
By now you may have heard that schools will be closed for two weeks as a precautionary measure to reduce the spreading of the Coronavirus. Below are specific actions we will be implementing:
- Monday, March 16 - Friday, March 20: Teacher Workdays (sheltered professional days) with no school for students all staff will report to work to finalize “Work from Home” learning plans which will include a packet of work for each week and may include digital learning for practice. Teachers will use the remaining days next week for professional development and planning.
- Wednesday, March 18 - Friday, March 20: Parents/Guardians are invited to pick up student work from home packets from the school between the hours of 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Parents may designate someone to pick up items for them if they are not able to do so themselves, if they email the classroom teacher. There will NOT be an opportunity to pick anything up from the school after 4:00 PM on Friday. If your child has any necessary items such as glasses, bookbags, pencil boxes, jackets, etc in their classroom you may pick these up at the same time work from home packets are picked up.
- Monday, March 16 and Tuesday, March 17: No students or parents are to come to school.
- All sports fields and playgrounds will be closed. This includes after normal school hours and weekends. This will allow the district to thoroughly cleanse and disinfect the campus.
- The week of March 23-27 - Students should begin Week 1 Work From Home Packets.
As a district, we have been working to create “Work from Home” learning plans for continuity of instruction during this school closure. The purpose of creating these plans is to provide a continuity of learning in content areas while the schools are closed. Content areas include English/Language Arts and Mathematics:
Kindergarten through Fifth Grade: approximately 30 minutes per content area, per day.
- If your child receives special education services you will be contacted to reschedule any IEPs and 504’s scheduled during the closure or provide the team an alternative method to “meet”.
- All teachers will be available to answer your emails during school closure. They are eager to make every effort to stay in communication with your family during this period of time. As this is new to all of us we ask for your patience and understanding.